SimMiles provides it's pilots with a proprietary online flying network that is connected to the online flight tracker. When pilots connect to the network using their flight code their flight is tracked online live.
You must first take a flight from dispatch in order to use the SimMiles flight tracking software.
Connecting to the SimMiles Network using FSX, FS2004 and FS2002
In order to connect to the SimMiles Network you must download the FSHost Client. Then you must connect to IP address 220.127.116.11 using the callsign of the flight that you have taken from dispatch.
If you are using FS2002 or FS2004 then just open a Multiplayer session using the IP address, use your flight's callsign and select "Join".
Common Mistakes Made when trying to connect to the SimMiles Network:
- 1. Make sure that you use the callsign of the flight and NOT your pilot callsign when connecting to the network.
- 2. Use uppercase letters for your callsign (ex. ABC123) and NOT lowercase letters (ex. abc123).
Voice Communications with ATC
After you have installed your Teamspeak 3 client it is easy to connect to the SimMiles Teamspeak server to communicate with Air Traffic Controllers on the SimMiles network.
- Step 1: Go to the connections tab at the top left and select "Connect" from the drop down menu
- Step 2: Put in the server address as simmiles.net and your flight's callsign as the Nickname
- Step 3: DO NOT enter a server password and then just click on connect and you're in!